We care about the on-going performance and value of your vehicle, but your safety is our top priority. That is why it is important to know a little more about your car. Here are some tyre safety tips that ensure a safer drive:
- Regular tyre rotation and wheel aligning can help reduce irregular tyre wear. This will prolong the life of the tyre and maintain safe tread depths.
- Sometimes rapid tyre wear occurs when a vehicle is not mechanically sound. This can be avoided with wheel alignments, tyre pressure checks, rotations and regular servicing.
- Worn tyres increase the chances of a road accident in wet conditions by increasing the stopping distance of your car.
- It is recommended that the tyre tread has minimum depth of 3-4mm – anything less is a risk for your safety.
- It is vital to have sufficient tread on your tyres, it give you grip on the roads and it helps prevent accidents in wet conditions.
- Sufficient tread depth allows dirt and water to be ejected from the tyre so that contact with the road can be maintained.
Talk to us now about our full tyre service:
- Enjoy the convenience of a one-stop free tyre safety check every time you service your car
- No seperate booking time required
- Competitive prices across a huge range of tyres
Stopping distance of new and worn tyres in wet conditions: